Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goodness, Gracious, Great Ball of Panties!!!

It was a cool spring evening at a downtown Sacramento corner coffee shop. Its established about 100 feet from a friends apartment, so I went to get a cup of coffee while I wait for responses for the what the plan would be for the night. First off, the coffee is alright but the wait almost isn't worth it at times. Give me a cup, fill it with coffee, and we are all happy campers. I take a seat at the bar seating area that has one long window right in front of it so you can look out at the world and they can do the same. It's a double sided zoo exhibition.
I dive into the book I was currently reading when I see a homeless woman stumble across the street and start digging thru the trash, all the while having a conversation with no one but herself. She takes some pizza and lays it on the table that happens to be right in front of where I am sitting just on the other side of the glass. I didn't look up. As I feel her stare, she begins to pound on the glass. I stay hidden in the pages with words on them. She pounds again. Finally, she begins to walk off, but only to coming walking back a second later. She heads for the door of the coffee shop. I knew who she was coming to talk to. I still keep staring at the book in front of me, but her presence is unavoidable, especially when she came right up next to me and makes an attempt at speaking. I couldn't make out anything but something about the Catholic rule and some one some one the third. Any idea what she was getting at? Your guess is as good as mine. She then reaches into her pocket, so I start to ease out of my chair, thinking it could be a weapon of some sort. What she pulled out topped any knife or shank. She pulls her hand out and in her grasp is a ball of panties! Not the pretty/ sexy laced kind, just plane old britches. She proceeds to slam them onto the table and this is when I proceed to remove myself from my chair and give the guy at the counter the look like,"wanna get her out of here or is it going to get weird?"
She then leaves, taking her ball of panties with her. Was she the one that got away? If there is a god, I sure as hell hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment